Short presentation of the program:
The program is offered in English and aims to meet the growing need for specialists in the field of
international communications training in which needs both strong theoretical knowledge and
practical skills aimed on the one hand to the control of independent data structures and on the other
- related to media, marketing, business, politics, non-governmental organizations.
The philosophy of the program is consistent, on one hand with the philosophy of the New Bulgarian
University, on the other hand with the already established standards for training and education in
the field of international communications. The main focus of the program is to prepare professionals
with knowledge and experience to work in an international context. The importance of multicultural
communication is growing rapidly, following the processes of globalization. Organizations - public
and private - need trained experts who know how to plan, implement and evaluate communication
campaigns, targeting different cultural groups and communities.
An important element of the educational process is student mobility under the Erasmus program. For
the second or third semester of teaching students of the MP International business communications
will be recommended to apply for student exchange partner universities.
Major and professional qualification:
Major: Public communications (in English)
Professional qualification: Master of Business Communication
The program offers apprenticeships and traineeships in national public and private media,
established public relations agencies and internal departments for public relations in private
companies, Bulgarian National Television, Bulgarian National Radio, the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency
Information Agency CROSS, print, electronic and online media etc.
IULM Milan, Italy; Leeds Metropolitan University, UK, University of Bremen, Germany.
Competencies on completion of the program
Graduates of the program in international business communications will have the following
- analyze and interpret data and information
- analyze knowledge in the field of intercultural differences and methods of communication
- handle complex matter and communicate with different cultural groups
- know the communication theories in an international context;
- know the organization, management and structure of the communications industry and its role
on the international stage;
- manage teams to achieve effective communication in international groups;
- control the mechanisms for organizing and managing the team.